Press release, Mogador/Essaouira session The federal council of National federation of Amazigh associations in Morocco (FNAA)
In a global context affected by the ideological and sectarian violence, and in an ambiguous national context with an official recognition of the Amazigh (Berber) language in July 2011, the Amazigh identity has not seen any positive change. Worse, the governmental actor’s actions tend towards extremism, intolerance and racism consecration.
In Hospitality of Tigzirt Association of Mogador (Essaouira) town, the sixth meeting of the Federal office of the National Federation of Amazigh associations was organized on Saturday, July 16, 2016 in session baptized “Ihahan meeting”.
After studying the agenda issues presented by the federal office, concerning the situation of the Moroccan Amazigh identityand the human rights during the last six months, we notice that the government ignores completely all Amazigh movement initiatives and demands related to the implementation of the requirements mentioned in both the universal human Rights declaration and in the Moroccan Constitution. This government devalues all Moroccan Constitution items related to the language, culture and the Amazigh civilization. The FNAA federal council had also debated on the FNAA moral and financial report and the establishment of the Second Congress preparatory committee.
The federal council of the National Federation of Amazigh associations stated the following:
- Its intention, through the federal office, to send a letter to the King of Morocco under the requirements of article 49 of the constitution, to express our total rejection of all what was prepared in an arbitrary manner by the head of the government without consulting the Amazigh movement on the draft organic law which will give effect to the official nature of the Amazigh language.
- Its rejection and condemnation of all withdrawals series of the Amazigh few achievements in the new Constitution. This government must assume its total responsibility for the Amazigh discrimination and denigration. On this occasion, the federal council renewed his claims for a positive interaction with the FNAA memoranda advocacy recommendations to improve the Amazigh language and identity status in public media, as well as with the UN Human Rights Committee recommendations, such as the recommendations reported by Ms. Farida Shaheed concerning cultural and Amazigh linguistic rights. In addition, of FNAA advocacy recommendations concerning the activation of the Officialization of Amazigh language inMoroccan justice filed.
- Its support for citizens demands in the areas of: Imider, Tafraout, Ait Souab, Ihahan, Azilal, … and other areas where people are victims of a violation of their legitimate economic and social rights.
- Its support for the feminist movement demands that wants to sit fair and just laws ending discrimination based on sex, language or culture.
- Its solidarity with associations subject to legal existence ban as is the case of “Adhar n UbaranaTamsaman” Association in the Rif region, and “Izuran” association in the Anti-Atlas region.
- The creation of a preparatory committee that handles the organization of the FNAA second congress planed at the end of this year, 2016.
- The condemnation of all forms of terrorism that people suffer from around the world.
- Its solidarity with the French people about Nice latest attacks.
- It is following with concern the tracks counter-violence that the Turkish government proceed against those it accuses of masterminding the recent attempted coup. We hope that the human rights NGO work in order to tip the respect of human rights.
- The federal Council rejects all actions aimed at turning the country of Amazigh into a large dustbin of the world’s waste.
- The federal council of the national federation of Amazigh associations reminds all national and international organizations that all FNAA associations stick toall Amazigh movement claims.It declares the beginning of associative and popular activation of the official character of the Amazigh language in Morocco, and calls on all civil and human rights entities, groups, individuals, or institutions, to be engaged in this great national project.
FNAA Federal council
Essaouira/Mogador July 16th, 2016
FNAA Associations membres
|4||Ait ansar||Ait Ansar|
|18||Bouizakaren||Bouizakaren pour le développement|
|22||Bouyzakaren||Forum sud pour la démocratie et droits de l’homme|
|26||Dchaira||Action alternative jeunesse|
|34||Goulmima||Tara pour le tourisme|
|36||Hoceima||RIF SIGLO XXI|
|40||Ifrane anti atlas||Inbdaden|
|41||Ifrane anti atlas||Jeunes pour la communication|
|42||Ifrane anti atlas||Taghouni|
|47||Imjjad sidi ifni||Imazzlen|
|48||Imjjadd – Tighirt||Imazzalen|
|52||Marrakech||les enseignants de l’Amazigh|
|55||Mrirt||Ait sidi youssef|
|56||Nador||Alternatif des jeunnes|
|66||Rabat||La voix la femme amazighe|
|74||Temara||Les enseignants de l’Amazigh|
|86||Demnate||Agwdal pour la culture et le développement|